Monday, November 15, 2010

A Fun-Filled Week

Here's a recap of last week, a week filled with Christmas and Disney characters:

On Sunday, I went to the Magic Kingdom after work to see the first Cinderella Castle lighting ceremony of the year. At 6:15, "Cinderella's Holiday Wish" took place, and the Fairy Godmother lit the Castle in beautiful lights. I stayed in the park to watch Wishes, and then went down into the tunnel to wait in the Tomorrowland break room until the Christmas parade preview. A bunch of us from Cosmic Ray's then went to see the Cast Member preview of Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, which shows during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. The parade was awesome! It was so magical to be standing on Main Street with all the Christmas lights on, and watching the Christmas parade. AND, it was snowing on Main Street. What a great night with great people.





On Tuesday, I had my Entertainment Show Production class at Hollywood Studios, where we toured the Fantasmic stage (the second time for me!) It was great to get another look at the mountain and the control booth, as well as the basement of the mountain. After class, I stayed at Hollywood Studios and met a couple friends from work. We had fun going on rides and interacting with the Citizens of Hollywood. We then went to the Animation building for character meet-and-greets. This was perhaps the most fun of the day! I met Belle, Jafar, the Queen of Hearts, Tweedledee, Tweedledum, Frozone, Mr. Incredible, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Max, Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie. Afterwards, we stayed to see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. That was really cool. I had never seen it before, and I was quite impressed.


On Wednesday, I visited Animal Kingdom for a few character meet-and-greets. I met Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, Thumper, Safari Mickey, and Safari Goofy. I also went to see Festival of the Lion King, which is always fun. Then I stayed to see the last showing of Finding Nemo the Musical, one of my favorite shows at Walt Disney World.

On Thursday, I went to the Magic Kingdom before work. I met the White Rabbit outside Cosmic Ray's, and then watched the 3:00 parade. After the parade, I went to the Tangled "play-and-greet" to meet Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. They were a lot of fun! Afterwards I headed over to Frontierland to meet Woody and Jessie, and then saw the 5:00 flag retreat in Town Square.


On Friday, I went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party with my friend Krista's parents. They were visiting from Michigan for the weekend, so I was able to get discount tickets for the party, and I thought I'd join them for the fun. We saw the castle show, Celebrate the Season, twice. We also saw the parade twice. And not to mention the Holiday Wishes fireworks. Those were great, especially the perimeter fireworks that go 180ยบ around the castle. We also enjoyed the free hot chocolate and sugar cookies (perhaps a bit too many....) After going on the Haunted Mansion, we met Cinderella's stepsisters and stepmother in Fantasyland. That was a lot of fun.


All in all I would say that was one of the most fun-filled weeks I've had in a while. And I especially love all of the Christmas decorations and music now taking over the parks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment