Wednesday, September 8, 2010

LIVING in the World

The Disney College Program is all about living, learning, and earning at Walt Disney World. So I thought I'd write a bit about the living aspect of the program.

The College Program houses Cast Members in one of three apartment complexes. International Program Cast Members live in a fourth complex. CP Cast Members live in Chatham Square (that's me!,) Patterson Court and Vista Way. International Cast Members live in The Commons. Apartments range in size from one bedroom to four bedrooms. I am living in a two-bedroom apartment, so I have one roommate and two additional housemates.

Here's my apartment at Chatham Square:

 


The apartments are located just southeast of the Walt Disney World Resort.


It's really close to Downtown Disney, as well as plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby.

What's nice is that the apartments come pretty much fully-stocked, so you don't have to bring much from home. Each bedroom has two beds, a dresser and two nightstands.


My bedroom has a big bathroom and huge walk-in closet. The picture of the closet definitely doesn't do it justice, because there's even more room around the corner. Also included in the closet is a pair of lockers for securing personal belongings.

 

In the main living area, there is a dining room table with four chairs. In the living room area, there is a couch, lounge chair, a coffee table and a side table.




The kitchen is also fully-stocked. There is a refrigerator with ice maker, stove/oven, microwave, and a dishwasher. The cabinets are also stocked with an assortment of pots and pans, measuring cups, a tea kettle, spoons, forks, knives, cups, plates and bowls.


Our weekly rent also covers phone service, internet, and cable TV. Chatham Square has four laundry buildings on property, plus a fitness center, swimming pool and computer lab. Volleyball and tennis courts are also located at Chatham Square. 

Each apartment complex is different and unique in its own way. So far, I love Chatham and am very happy with all of my roommates. 

I'm definitely excited about all that Disney Housing has to offer! 

1 comments:

Marcela Bonazzi said...

Hi,
My name is Marcela Bonazzi and I'm a brazilian journalism student.
I'm doing a graduation paper about the International College Program (I worked as an ICP in 2008/2009) and I was wondering if I could use some of your pictures.

If you have any doubts you can e-mail me: marcela.bonazzi@gmail.com

Thanks,
Marcela

Post a Comment